Mothballed: 1983 (dismantled 1986)
Glen Mhor Distillery was founded in 1892 in Inverness by the two whisky entrepreneurs John Mackinlays and John Birnie. The name Glen Mhor means “Great Glen” in Gaelic. In 1954 Glen Mhor became the first distillery to use Saladin Boxes to malt its Barley. In 1972 the distillery was bought by the Distillers Company Limited, who run it until 1983 when it was mothballed due to low profitability. Glen Mhor was dismantled in 1986 and the site now houses a shopping centre.
Glen Mhor bottlings are becoming increasingly rare and are much sought-after by collectors and enthusiasts.