Cinnamon whiskey has emerged as one of the most popular drinks in the last couple of decades. These hot whiskeys are consumed in multiple ways, including warming cocktails, Cinnamon Whiskey mixed drinks, and shots (mainly among younger drinkers).
Speaking of which, flaming hot whiskeys have made quite a name for themselves over the years as a popular option for parties on college campuses.
I will list the most popular mixed drinks with cinnamon whiskey that are also my personal favorites, but before that, let us take a look at some of the best cinnamon whiskeys.
Cinnamon Whiskey Mixed Drinks Reviewed
#1. Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
Fireball Cinnamon whiskey is a Canadian whiskey that combines sweeteners and cinnamon flavoring; Sazerac Company makes it. Its taste matches the candy with a very similar name, “Atomic Fireball” candy. It is bottled at 33 percent ABV and bottled at 66.
It has a tagline that says, “Tastes Like Heaven, Burns Like Hell.” There are notes of maple and sugar to balance the whiskey too.
There are multiple mixed drinks with cinnamon fireball whiskey that we will discuss later in the article.
#2. Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire
The Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire has 35 percent ABV and is bottled at 70 Proof. It is advertised as “cinnamon liqueur blended with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey.”
Tennessee Fire by Jack Daniel is among the first cinnamon liqueur. The nose of this cinnamon whiskey gives aromas of atomic fireballs, sweet candy red hots, hot tamales.
Once the strong flavor of cinnamon fades away, you will feel sugar and vanilla on the palate.
#3. Jim Beam Kentucky Fire Whiskey
Kentucky Fire Whiskey is a cinnamon flavored version of the famous whiskey with Beam’s flavor portfolio, including apple, red stag, maple, and honey.
The cinnamon notes balance well with bourbon, and it has 35 percent ABV and is bottled at 70 proof. The cinnamon is very self-evident in the whiskey without overpowering the natural flavors of bourbon, and it also sweetens the whiskey the right way.
The flavoring adds a sleekness in its finish which has always been a typical feature in white label Jim Beam.
Now that we are familiar with some of the best cinnamon whiskey brands, it is time to go through some of the best mixed drinks with cinnamon whiskey.
#1. Apple Pie Cocktail
The apple flavor goes really well with the hot cinnamon whiskey, and adding a pinch of more cinnamon is like the cherry on top. It is one of the best mixed drinks with fireball cinnamon whiskey.
Approximate Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 Mini bottle of Cinnamon Whiskey
- 1 Mini bottle of ensign red apple whiskey
- Pinch of cinnamon
- A slice of honey crisp apple
- Reusable ice cubes
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Glass
Mix the apple whiskey, cinnamon whiskey, reusable ice cubes, and cinnamon in the cocktail shaker. Shake well.
After that, pour the mixture into a cocktail glass and just a little cinnamon. To garnish, add a round of apple on the rim.
#2. Spiked Pumpkin Spice Latte
If you like mixed flavors with a lot of depth, this mixed cinnamon drink is an excellent option. Aside from cinnamon, you will need some vodka and coffee for this cocktail.
Approximate Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 8-ounce – Strong brewed coffee
- 1-ounce – Vanilla vodka
- 1/2 ounce – Cinnamon whiskey
- 1-ounce – Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee Creamer
- Whipped cream caramel
- Cinnamon for garnish – optional
- Single serving: Add creamer, liquor, and coffee to a mug and put caramel, whipped cream, and a pinch of cinnamon on top.
- For a crowd: Take 12 cups of coffee, 1.5 cups of vanilla vodka, ¾ cup of cinnamon whiskey, and 2 cups of creamer in a crockpot in a warm setting. Serve the drink with some whipped cream on top.
#3. Cranberry Cider
If you don’t like too much sugar in your drink, then this cranberry cider recipe is for you. The low sugar cranberry combined with flaming hot cinnamon whiskey creates a delicious tingling flavor.
Approximate Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 pound – fresh cranberries
- 1 cup – Sugar
- ½ gallon – Water
- ½ gallon – Apple juice
- 16-ounce – Cinnamon whiskey
- One bottle – Sparkling wine
- Fresh apples
- Fresh oranges
- Additional cranberries (garnish) – Optional
- Cinnamon sticks (garnish) – Optional
- Mix sugar, water, and cranberries under medium-high heat until the berries are entirely cooked.
- Strain the mixture you made and set it aside to cool.
- Slice the oranges and apples very thinly. Add some apple juice, cranberry juice, and whiskey to the mixture you cooked.
- Top the drink with sparkling wine.
- Garnish your drink with extra cranberries and a couple of cinnamon sticks.
#4. Fireball Shots
The fireball shots are some of the most common mixed drinks that involve fireball cinnamon whiskey. The hot Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey is a great option for you to choose if you like simplistic, spicy shots. This combination of ginger ale and cinnamon whiskey can be a hit at any college party in the winters.
Approximate Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Four envelopes – plain gelatin
- One 2/3 cup – Fireball cinnamon whiskey
- Two 2/3 cup – Ginger ale
- Few drops of red food coloring (its optional but gives a nice look to the drink)
- Take some ginger ale into a medium-sized saucepan and sprinkle gelatin on top of it.
- Let the gelatin get soaked for 2 to 3 minutes, then start heating it slowly while also constantly stirring until the gelatin is completely dissolved (it usually takes five minutes).
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let it cool at room temperature.
- Add the fireball cinnamon whiskey in it while steering with some drops of red food coloring. Pour the whiskey into a 13×19 sized pan to refrigerate overnight until firm.
- Dip the pan in warm water (not too hot) for around 15 seconds, so the gelatin softens.
- Use a mini round cookie cutter for cutting out the shapes and serve.
In this article, we listed the top cinnamon whiskey brands and also some of our favorites cinnamon whiskey mixed drinks. I hope you are able to try one of these recipes whenever you are ready for a glass of cinnamon whiskey or are throwing a party, as they are a great hit either way.