Guests coming over, and you have a full course meal planned but cannot decide on the dessert? There are chances that the dessert will take less time to be ready and even lesser time for your guests to finish them.
If you have whiskey at home and do not have time to plan an elaborate dessert, some best whiskey truffle recipes can save the day.
Some of the Whiskey truffles are quick and easy to make desserts with the best whiskey truffle recipes. Read on to know more about some best recipes for truffles.
What Are the Types of Whiskey Truffles?
The in-demand whiskey truffles loved by people across the world are:
- Dark Chocolate
- Salted Caramel
- Chocolate Walnut
- Chocolate peanut butter, and more.
The list makes it very evident that the most common ingredient for Whiskey truffles is, chocolate and obviously, whiskey.
We will now discuss some regular recipes for whiskey truffles.
How to Make Irish Whiskey Truffles?
If you are looking for an Irish whiskey truffles recipe, read on for a quick recipe.
- Whipped Cream: 1/4th cup
- Caster Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Instant Coffee: 1 tablespoon
- Milk Chocolate Bar: 3 ounces
- Dark Chocolate Bar (Cocoa content 55 – 65%): 3 ounces
- Irish Whiskey: 3 tablespoon
The preparation process for these truffles includes some simple steps. They are:
- Chop the dark chocolate and milk chocolate bar and keep it aside in a bowl. There is no problem with the two ingredients gets mixed.
- Put a medium-sized saucepan on the stove and add the whipped cream to it.
- Add the sugar along with the whipped cream to the pan.
- Remove it from the heat and add the instant coffee to the sugar and whipped cream mixture.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl of chopped chocolates, and keep stirring till the chocolate melts to form a liquid mixture.
- Add the Irish whiskey to it and cover the whole mixture with clingfilm. Leave it for 3-4 hours. Leaving the ganache to be firm overnight is also a good idea. Remember, it has to be ready to scoop out and shape.
- Scoop out the ganache and make it into round balls. You can use your hands to give the perfect shape.
- Chop the remaining chocolate and place a part of it in the microwave-proof bowl. Leave the other part for later.
- Heat 1 inch of water in a saucepan and place the chocolate bowl over it to melt. Do not boil the water once the chocolate bowl is over it. Simmer it.
- Once the chocolate starts to melt, add the remaining chocolate that you had kept aside. Keep stirring till it melts.
- Now, cover the cooking board with a cookie sheet.
- Take the chocolate ganache into your hands and roll it. Roll the ganache balls into the melted chocolate mixture.
- Do not boil the water with a bowl of chocolate over it. The chocolate will form granules due to excess heat. Instead, put it to a simmer after it comes to a boil. Only after that place the bowl over it.
- If the melted chocolate becomes firm while you roll the ganache balls in it, you can microwave it for 4 to 5 seconds to melt the chocolate.
A common commercially available whiskey truffle is the Butlers Irish whiskey truffles. The Butlers Jamesons Irish Whiskey Truffles are known for the milk and dark chocolate variant. If you are fond of truffles and have not tasted them yet, go ahead and buy one from the nearby store. After tasting it, you will surely wish to prepare the same at home.
Difference Between an Irish Whiskey Truffle Whiskey Chocolate Truffles Recipe at Home
The preparation of Whiskey chocolate truffles is the same as the Irish whiskey truffle. The only differences are:
- Instead of the Irish whiskey in the Irish truffle, you can use any standard whiskey for preparing chocolate whiskey.
- The chocolate used in these truffles is mostly milk chocolates.
- You need not add cocoa powder to sprinkle on the truffles.
How to Make Salted Caramel Whiskey Truffles?
Salted caramel whiskey truffle is another special kind of whiskey truffle that has been liked by dessert lovers time and again. To prepare this truffle, you would need:
- Heavy Cream: 1/2 cup
- Cooking butter: 4 tablespoon
- Whiskey: 3 tablespoon
- Milk Chocolate: 10 ounces
- Salted Caramel: 1/2 cup
- Sea Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Instant Coffee: 1 teaspoon
- Chop the chocolate roughly and place it in a bowl
- In another bowl, blend the cream, caramel, whiskey, and butter.
- Place the mixture over a pan of boiled water and let it melt. Keep stirring to make sure that it does not stick to the sides of the bowl.
- Once the mixing is smooth, pour the mixture over the chopped chocolate and leave it for a minute. It will allow the mixture to melt the chocolate.
- Now add the instant coffee powder and the sea salt to the mixture and whisk to form a thick liquid, smooth liquid.
- You can taste it and add more sea salt to it if you wish.
- You need to refrigerate the mixture for 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Now, scoop the mixture into small balls and give them a round shape with your palm.
- You can coat the truffles with cocoa powder. It not only enhances the taste but also helps you make the ball-shaping process less messy.
- To add the final touch, serve the truffles chilled with some salted caramel sprinkled on them.
You can store these truffles for 1 to 2 weeks if you keep them in airtight containers.
What Are the Ingredients Required to Prepare Dark Chocolate Truffles?
The process for preparing dark chocolate whiskey truffles is the same as preparing any other whiskey truffle. However, some specific ingredients go into it. They are:
- Dark Chocolate: As the name suggests, dark chocolate is the main ingredient for whiskey dark chocolate truffle. Ensure that the dark chocolate has a cocoa content of 65% and above.
- Whiskey: Any premium whiskey can go into the truffle. You can choose the whiskey as per your taste and liking.
- Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder can help you when you roll the ganache into small balls. The sticky nature of the ganache makes it stick to the hand. Cocoa powder will make sure you go through the process smoothly.
- Instant Coffee: The instant coffee powder adds a bitter-sweet taste to the truffle, making it irresistible for a dessert.
- Sprinklers and Coatings: You can use any coatings for your truffles or sprinklers to decorate them. For this, you can use roughly crushed peanuts, choco chips, cocoa powder, peanut butter, cinnamon powder, sea salt, coarse sugar, and more.
Some of the well-known brands of truffles are the Jameson whiskey chocolate truffles and the Thorntons whiskey truffles. They are the best selling products in the market at present.
The truffles can be a perfect party dessert if you have less time and a large quantity to prepare.
About Whiskey Truffles
One serving size of whiskey truffle made at home contains:
- 70 to 100 calories
- 0.07 ounces of carbohydrates
- 0.2 ounces of fat
- 0.03 ounces of protein
If you are worried about calories, truffles are not going to harm your diet. It is sure to fetch you complements from your guests at the party. You can also make these truffles in a large quantity and wrap them up in beautiful gift boxes. They can serve as thoughtful handmade gifts on special occasions.
Why Are Whiskey Truffles so in Demand?
Some of the reasons by a lot of people prefer whiskey truffles over other elaborate desserts are:
- You require only 25 to 30 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook a batch of whiskey truffle.
- You can prepare them using a microwave or even on the stovetop.
- There is no need to bake these delicious desserts, and the preparation hassles are a lot less than elaborate desserts.
- The calorie count of homemade truffles is as low as 100 calories.
- It is a quick fix for impromptu parties or large parties.
- You can wrap them in goodie bags and gift boxes and send them to your friends and near and dear ones.
- You can store these truffles for 1-2 weeks in airtight containers for snacking.
- You do not require elaborate ingredients to prepare the delicious dessert.
These are some of the easy, no-bake recipes for whiskey truffles that you can prepare at home. You can choose between flavors. Try them at home and see the response of others, and let us know what you think about these recipes. Also, tell us about your versions of coating and flavors or if you have a better recipe for these truffles. We would also like to know about the different whiskey choices you prefer for these truffles.