The taste of whiskey enhances when mixed with ginger ale. This combination is especially an excellent choice for those who love having it strong. However, not every ginger ale can help you achieve that strong taste. Only high-quality ones can do so. So, it is crucial to choose the right brand when it comes to this citrus drink. This article shall acquaint you with some of the best ginger ale for whiskey available in the market. We shall also share how to make this tangy drink at home. So, read on!
The ginger ale available by this brand is known for its bold taste. It is a fine blend of high fructose corn syrup, ginger extract, natural flavors, caramel color, citric acid, and carbonated water. It adds to the taste of whiskey, rum, and various other alcoholic beverages. It is one of the best ginger ale for ginger whiskey and is used to prepare different colorful and flavorful cocktails.
Although rye whiskey is considered the best whiskey for a ginger ale, this shouldn’t refrain you from combining ginger ale with other whiskey drinks. All whiskey drinks go well with ginger ale, especially if you opt for this savory drink from Schweppes. The company prepares ginger ale with a muted taste and low fizz. It renders a refreshing twist to the alcoholic beverage.
The company is known for its tasteful ginger ale that scores over almost every ginger drink in the market. The key ingredients in this drink include carbonated water, ginger extract, citric acid, caramel color, high fructose corn syrup, sodium benzoate, and natural flavors. No wonder it has such wonderful taste. It is the best ginger ale for rye whiskey drinks. It mixes well with this alcoholic beverage and enhances its taste manifolds.
Cape Cod Ginger
America’s very own ginger drink; this one is extremely popular because of its refreshing taste. When added to whiskey, it makes for a splendid combination. We would say that the best whiskey for mixing with ginger ale would be the classic Irish whiskey. You may choose different flavors of Cape Cod Ginger ale to spin vibrant cocktails. Ginger classic, pineapple, mango, and passion fruit are among the ginger drink flavors available by Cape Cod. These are all lightly carbonated and low on spice.
You can make this with fresh ginger, citric acid, carbonated water, and organic cane sugar. If you are looking for a ginger ale prepared with simple ingredients and is still high on taste, his one is a good choice. Bruce Cost sure is among the best ginger ale for ginger whiskey.
This mouthwatering ginger drink has been a favorite among Americans for decades. It is prepared with authentic flavors and renders a unique taste to whiskey. The ingredients used in this caffeine-free drink include carbonated filtered water, citric acid, and caramel color. It is sweetened with cane sugar.
As claimed by the company, Fever-Tree combines three of the finest sourced gingers in the world. These include:
- Juicy gingers straight from the land of herbs and spices, India.
- Fresh gingers from the Ivory Coast
- Savory gingers from Nigeria
A combination of these choicest gingers is added to spring water to get that delectable taste. If you are not a fan of strong ginger ale and do not like it when it overpowers the taste of your whiskey, then Fever-Tree ginger ale is an apt choice for you.
The Classic ginger ale by this brand is churned with fresh and juicy ginger, pure cane sugar, and sparkling water. It renders a sweet twist to the whiskey. You may even opt for the sugar-free variant that is sweetened with extracts of organic Stevia leaf. Both the variants add that much-needed kick to the alcoholic beverage.
Reed’s ginger ale is known for its Jamaican flavor. It is prepared by adding fresh ginger root, honey, spices, and natural fruit juices in appropriate quantity. You can add it to your glass of whiskey to enjoy a sparkling cocktail.
Polar ginger ale renders a fiery taste to whiskey. It is a good choice for those who relish that dash of spice as they sip their alcoholic beverage. The company offers three flavors to choose from. These include diet ginger ale, golden ginger ale, and ginger ale with green tea.
Make it Yourself
Do you know that you can easily prepare ginger ale at home and that too with bare minimal ingredients? Ever tried it or couldn’t achieve that savory taste? Try the simple recipes shared below to prepare this delectable drink.
One of the ways to brew this tasteful drink is by trying this simple recipe. This is a quick method of preparing ginger ale. Here is a look at the ingredients required to prepare this as well as the method of preparation:
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- Lime juice
- Club soda
You will also require a pan and a mesh strainer.
Method of Preparation:
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan. Add chopped ginger to it and let it simmer for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Now, remove the mix from heat and keep it aside for around 20 minutes.
- After the mentioned duration, strain the liquid through a mesh strainer. Keep the liquid and discard the pieces of ginger.
- Now, add a cup of sugar to one cup of boiling water to prepare sugar syrup. Keep this mix aside. You may add the two liquid mixtures to prepare the concentrate and add club soda and lime juice to it whenever you wish to have a drink.
- Alternatively, you can prepare individual glasses by mixing half a cup of ginger water (prepared by boiling ginger and water) in one-third of sugar syrup and half a cup of club soda. Add fresh lime juice to it, and it is ready.
- Isn’t the preparation extremely easy? It will take just about 35-40 minutes to prepare this drink. You can go on to add it to your glass of whiskey and enjoy a refreshing drink.
The steps mentioned in this recipe will help you prepare old-fashioned ale fermented by the natural process. Here is a look at the ingredients required for this preparation as well as the extensive method:
- 1-2 inch of the minced fresh root of ginger
- 1/2 cup homemade ginger bug/ one fourth cup whey
- 8 cups of filtered water
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
Method of Preparation
- Firstly, you require preparing wort for your ginger ale. You can do this by adding ginger root (minced), salt, and sugar to 3 cups of water.
- Now, simmer it until the sugar dissolves, and the fragrance of ginger fills your kitchen. This shouldn’t take more than five minutes.
- It is time now to take the mix away from heat and add water to it. Set it aside and let it cool down to normal temperature.
- Once the liquid cools down, add fresh ginger culture and lime juice to it. You may add whey in case a ginger bug is not available.
- Now, pour this mixture into a 2-quart glass mason jar. The jar must be air-tight. After pouring the mixture into the jar, stir it well and affix the lid tightly.
- Watch your drink carbonate naturally as you place it on your kitchen counter. The process will take around 2-3 days. The fermentation will take place more quickly with the use of whey. You will notice it hiss like a soda when you remove the lid once it is fermented.
- You can now keep it in the refrigerator and enjoy it chilled.
- Don’t forget to strain the drink before having it.
You can go on to add this tasteful homemade ginger ale to your favorite whiskey drink for double the fun.
Though this preparation method is time-consuming, the drink you churn by following this step-by-step guide shall contain the goodness of probiotics and enzymes. So, it is definitely worth the effort. We bet you will stop purchasing ginger ale drinks from the market once you try this traditional recipe.
We hope this exhaustive information about the best ginger ales available in the market would come in handy as you choose this drink from various options. And we are quite sure you would love to try the ginger ale recipes shared above.
Do let us know as to which of the two recipes you like more. Also, share which ginger ale available in the market works best for you.
Do you love the ones that render a sweet taste and aroma to your whiskey or those that make it stronger? And if you liked the article, then do not forget to share it with your friends and family.